I can’t believe it, I now have a toddler. That’s right, my baby is now a one year old. A year ago I was holding my sweet little newborn. Today, that same newborn is taking his first steps. A year of keeping this precious boy safe and healthy while watching him grow has gone by in the blink of an eye. It truly does go by so fast.
I’ve said this before and I’m sure I’ll say it again. The newborn stage was NOT my favourite. But as he grows older I find myself longing for my 2 month old who would spend all day napping on my chest. Or those cute and tiny outfits that you swear would only fit a doll. But more and more I see a little man standing in front of me and not a baby.
A One Year Old James
- He still has no teeth. I know I shouldn’t worry but I want one of those little suckers to pop through already.
- He has started walking. Only a few steps here and there but it’s a beginning. Life will become much more hectic once he begins running around, so I’m okay with letting him take his time.
- We are weaning him off formula slowly, and starting homogenized milk.
- I’m petrified of given him peanuts and peanut butter. Everyone I know that has had a allergy has been quite severe. I’m holding onto the fact that no one in our families has a peanut allergy.
- He spends more and more time playing with Crosby. Surprisingly Crosby is starting to enjoy it and will hang around James longer than usual.
- We haven’t transitioned to one nap yet. He’s done one nap twice in the last 2 weeks, but boy was he ever cranky on those days. His second nap is usually 30 mins max. so I’m sure we’ll be fazing it out soon.
- We are starting to notice his temper. If his toys aren’t turned on when he wants to play with them, he lets out this grunt and shakes his arms and throws the toy. If anyone has any advice on how to nip this anger issue, I’m all ears!