I am well aware that it’s now August but everytime I sat down to write this post my mind went blank. So today I vowed to get it done.
1. July was productive and unproductive all at the same time (seems impossible but that’s how it felt). I started a few new projects (productive) but I have finished them yet (unproductive), we planted some flowers and shrubbery in the backyard and the side of the house (productive) but we haven’t laid the garden tarp or the stones (unproductive), we still haven’t tidied up the guest bedroom and office after our family left at the end of June (unproductive) but we did manage to visit a whole bunch of other family that I haven’t seen in 2 years (productive) and the list goes on and on and on.
2. I’m torn between knitting/crocheting items to stock my Etsy Shop or going crazy and knitting/crocheting handfuls of stuff for my friends baby (the beginning of September is coming so fast!). I had my mind set on about 5-6 different items but that list has shrunk to 4 (not much smaller but still). I’ve finished a small cute sweater, I’ve started a blanket and I’ll soon start a little elephant (named Stampy of course) and lastly I’m making a baby sleep sack (with arms). I’m very excited about that last one as it’s the only baby item she said her and her mother couldn’t find anywhere (a sleep sack with arms)(and her mom is an avid shopper – one of the best). All the baby sacks I’ve seen don’t open at the bottom but I’ve been debating having one that closes with buttons (would this not be better for diaper changes? Clearly I have no baby in this house and her response is always “whatever you think is best”, so any advice/input would be awesome!).
3. I’m slightly obsessed with amigurumi Monsters but large ones, nothing itty bitty. I took Stacy Trocks Craftsy class Amigurumi: Design your own Monster and loved it. I went through all the lessons in one day (I couldn’t stop watching) and I’m on my fourth monster already. I’ve only completely finished one. I’m trying to decide on arms that will look best for one and how to get droopy and hanging eyes for the other (it better be possible). The fourth one I’ve just started so hopefully I can get that one in my F.O. pile.
4. We spent a week at my parents cottage doing absolutely nothing. And I mean NOTHING! We didn’t ride the 4 wheeler or the Sea-Doo or go swimming. We did have a bonfire but only on the last night we were there (and if my brother wasn’t there I don’t know if we would have had one) and we didn’t even roast any marshmallows or have spider dogs. The only thing we managed to do was go fishing. We ended up catching 9 fish in total (pretty good for our small lake) and most we released back and a few we ate the next day. It wasn’t even that the weather was bad (it only rained once), the sun was out it just wasn’t as hot as it’s been the last few years. My parents also bought the cottage next to the one we have now. They’ll fix up the new one (a lot of fixing) and when that’s complete they’ll sell the old one (apparently giving the old one to me and my brothers is out of the question). So we did go next door a lot to help them begin the planning process and to give them ideas.
5. My mother in law had surgery at the beginning of July. It all went well but there are a few follow ups in the coming weeks. And I know I speak for everyone when I say I can’t wait for this scary ordeal to be behind us.
6. My cousin also passed away at the beginning of July. She was a great person and although she had a disability, I never once heard her complain about it or let it get her down, not even once. She was very loved and will be greatly missed!
Sorry there aren’t any photo’s, I didn’t take almost any in July. But next week I’ll take and upload all my WIPs and FOs for you to see.
I hope your summer has been great so far!
Happy Knitting (and crocheting),